Monday 5 April 2010

A Short Update

At this point I have now had one 3 hour core sleep period and one 30 min nap period. I have obviously not yet finished one complete cycle however.

This post is just to make a few notes on things I am already experiencing.
1) Normally when I am preparing to sleep my brain is going at a million miles an hour, full of thoughts and ideas etc etc. However today when I lay down to nap it was like some one pulled down a curtain, my brain was dead silent. In fact even now my thoughts are pretty much linear with little random occurrence.
2)Its strange to think that by 8:30 I have effectively been awake for around 7 hours, so it actually feels like the afternoon at this point
3)I can already feel the onset of sleep deprivation. I'm pretty sure I can remember how it feels.

Finally, just as a note to some parameters for this experiment: I live with my wife (obviously) so she will be keeping an eye on me, making sure I'm awake or waking up (if she's awake and in a position to do so) ; lending moral support and importantly keeping an eye on my mental and physical condition. We've agreed she has the veto to this experiment should it need to come to and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment