Monday 12 April 2010

Fail

I was always told that pain was just weakness leaving the body.

However the pains and delusions of sleep deprivation prove to be the proverbial "bridge to far." My previous aches weren't healing, I was getting nauseous and vomited a few times, was permanently cold, and after awhile even started to have the itching and skin crawling normally associated with a drugs comedown. Couple that with the inability to focus, and nearly being hit by cars and it was inevitable I guess. Oh and the crippling lethargy

So the experiment that started with such high (and insane) hopes has failed. Eventually my body refused to obey any further instructions to rise and I simply crashed beyond my ability to control.

However the failure was not total. At this time, for the first time in years, I am managing to get uninterrupted sleep for longer periods of 6-8 hours a night. It seems that the everyman sleep pattern has trained my body to sleep correctly. That is not a result to underestimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment